Crain’s New York Business today announced the Notable Women in Banking and Finance honorees. This feature recognizes women in the greater New York City metro area who have had a profound impact through work in their careers and in their communities. This list of Notable Women is part of a series from Crain’s New York Business to celebrate women in the workplace. See the feature here: http://cra.in/ODgrJSS
This year’s list features women in the financial industry who are trailblazers, juggling both distinguished careers and exceptional civic and philanthropic activities.
The Notable Women in Banking and Finance award program garnered a record number of nominations across the spectrum of New York banks and financial firms.
The honorees were selected by Crain’s editors based on a combination of professional achievements, community service, track record of mentoring others and promotion of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
“Notable Women in Banking and Finance kicks off Crain’s 2019 Notable Women honoree program. In its second year, the Notable feature is a year-long editorial series that celebrates women executives who have impacted New York City in major ways. It honors those with both professional achievements and exceptional civic and philanthropic activities,” said Brendan O’Connor, Managing Editor for Crain’s New York Business.
The 2019 Notable Women in Finance & Finance
- Ellen Alemany, chairwoman and CEO, CIT Group
- Karen Altfest, executive vice president and principal advisor, Altfest Personal Wealth Management
- Alexandra Barth, managing director and co-head of U.S. leveraged capital markets, Deutsche Bank
- Fiona Bassett, global co-head of products and global co-head of passive asset management, DWS Group
- Lissa Baum, executive vice president and chief lending officer, IDB Bank
- Katia Bouazza, co-head of global banking for Latin America, HSBC
- Lori Calvasina, head of U.S. equity strategy, RBC Capital Markets
- Stephanie Cohen, chief strategy officer, Goldman Sachs
- Susan Cullen, senior executive vice president, treasurer and CFO, Flushing Bank
- Barbara Desoer, CEO, Citibank, N.A.
- Dafna Dothan, chief risk officer, Leumi
- Mary Callahan Erdoes, CFO, JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management
- Hafize Gaye Erkan, president, First Republic
- Laura Fazio, head of commercial banking technology, media and telecommunications, Santander
- Carolyn Finer, senior investment strategist and managing director, City National Rochdale
- Aleida Frederico, vice president; senior relationship manager in commercial lending, TD Bank
- Sharon French, executive vice president and head of beta solutions, OppenheimerFunds
- Adena Friedman, president and CEO, Nasdaq Inc.
- Claudine Gallagher, head of securities services, Americas, BNP Paribas
- Lorraine George-Harik, co-founder and partner, Cerity Partners
- Leslie Godridge, vice chairman and co-head of corporate and commercial banking, U.S. Bank
- Maria Grasso, senior executive vice president, corporate secretary and chief operating officer, Flushing Bank
- Deborah Gravinese, senior vice president, TD Bank Group, head of credit risk and chief risk officer, TD Securities, TD Bank
- Maria Hackley, managing director, co-head global industrials group, banking, capital markets and advisory
- Marisa Harney, executive vice president and chief credit officer, CIT
- Susan Huang, vice chairman and global head, investment banking, Morgan Stanley
- Andrea Kantor, senior vice president, group head of healthcare, education and non-for-profit banking, IDB Bank
- Audrey Kaplan, head of global strategy, Wells Fargo
- Michal Katz, global co-head of technology investment banking, RBC Capital Markets
- Nancy King, managing director, head of global commodities division, Morgan Stanley
- Sallie Krawcheck, CEO and co-founder, Ellevest
- Esther Lainis, senior vice president, middle market banking group, Capital One Commercial Banking
- Marianne Lake, CFO, JPMorgan Chase
- Janice Liu, first vice president, New York regional manager, East West Bank
- Elizabeth Magennis, executive vice president, chief lending and relationship officer, ConnectOne Bank
- Ellen Marshall, executive vice president, region head, New York and New Jersey, commercial banking, Santander
- Alison Mass, global head of financial and strategic investors group, Goldman Sachs
- Doris Meister, executive vice president, wealth and institutional services division, Wilmington Trust/M&T Bank
- Melissa Melvin, managing director, treasury, Ally Financial
- Denise Menelly, executive vice president and head of technology and operations, CIT
- Anneliese Seelaus Mitnick, CEO, R. Seelaus & Co Inc.
- Julie Monaco, managing director, global head of public sector, banking, capital markets and advisory, CIIT
- Michelle Neal, CEO, BNY Mellon Markets
- Barbara Novick, vice chairman, Blackrock
- Sandie O’Connor, managing director and chief regulatory affairs officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Shelley O’Connor, managing director and co-head of wealth management, Morgan Stanley
- Carin Leong Pai, executive vice president and director of equity management, Fiduciary Trust International
- Raquel Palmer, co-managing partner, KPS Capital Partners
- Abby Parsonnet, regional president, Metro New York, Webster Bank
- Tina Chan Reich, chief data scientist and chief risk officer, Credibly
- Diane Reyes, group general manager, global head of liquidity and cash management, HSBC
- Josephine Savastano, regional president of New York and New Jersey C&I Lending, Valley
- Luvleen Sidhu, co-founder, president and chief strategy officer, BankMobile
- Elena Sisti, founder, chairperson emeritus and member of board directors, Savoy Bank
- Denise Smyth, senior vice president, PNC Real Estate
- Magda Souffront, vice president, marketing manager, Savoy Bank
- Emily Stoddard, middle market team lead – New York City, TD Bank
- Christine Waldron, senior vice president, chief global strategy officer, U.S. Bank Global Fund Services
- Anne Walker, market president, New York City, Bank of America
- Yael Weinstock-Shemesh, division executive, Israeli business and hi-tech groups, BHI
- Ellie Wheeler, partner, Greycroft
- Anne Clarke Wolff, head of global corporate banking and global leasing, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
About Crain’s New York Business
For more than 30 years, Crain’s New York Business has been the award-winning news source for New York’s business leaders, telling the story of the New York economy, while serving as a voice and advocate for the city’s business community. Reporting through the prism of business, Crain’s helps its readers stay on top of the inner workings of New York’s economic and political ecosystem, uncover new business opportunities and connect with the broader New York business community.
Media Contact Crain’s:
SOURCE: Section Page News – Crain’s New York Business – Read entire story here.