1. Don’t balk at Balkan Mondays featuring Aya Safiya, an accomplished singer, songwriter and violinist who interprets traditional songs from the Mediterranean, followed by a Balkan Jam. (Monday, Sisters Bklyn, $10 suggested)
2. See it all at Adventures with Goals, a candy-colored psychedelic variety show filled with death-defying circus sideshow, sword swallowing, human pin cushion, actual magic, and much more. (Monday, The Deep End, $
3. Expand your food vocabulary at Intro to Food Writing, and tighten your writing to make your pieces come alive, plus how to find ideas, where to pitch them, and what rates you should expect. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Brainery, $30)
4. Shows off your skills at Talent Tuesdays, where all talents are welcome and encouraged to perform, and if you sign up ahead of time you get a complimentary beverage and surprise. (Tuesday, Hart Bar, $5)
5. Sample what you’re learning about at The History of Chocolate, and learn how a yellow, football-shaped tropical fruit transforms into high-end dark chocolate and more. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Brainery, $15)
6. Get won over at Drunk Science Presents: Galaxies, where three intoxicated comedians compete to present the best scientific dissertation to Dr. Mehmet Alpaslan, a researcher at NYU’s Center for Cosmology and Particle Physics. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $7-10)
7. Save for the future at Retirement Planning for Freelancers and learn how to set yourself up for long-term financial success by understanding how to set up a sustainable retirement fund. (Thursday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
8. All you need is love and Spoons Toons & Booze: Valentine’s After Dark, and watch your favorite Saturday morning cartoons maneuvering crushes, first dates and relationships, and the backswing of heartbreak, breakups and unrequited love. (Thursday, Nitehawk Cinema, $18)
9. Figure out whodunnit at Somebody’s Going to Get Murdered and experience a murder mystery show in the middle of an evening of stand up comedy. (Friday, The Baumann, $10)
10. Wear your fakes to Knock Off and see the merits and moments of weirdness in clothing, and how these failed luxury objects can attain a new value through art. (Friday, Paradice Palase, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!