1. Expect it to be mobbed at The Sopranos: The Musical, a special lost episode of the HBO classic show The Sopranos put on by a local high school’s drama department. (Monday, Union Hall, $10)
2. Out with the old and in with the new (to you) at Thrift On! Clothing & Stuff Swap and bring in clothes you no longer wear and stuff no longer use to donate to the rummage tables. (Monday, The Keep, FREE)
3. Join the campaign at Greenpoint Rep Your Block Meetup and meet your neighbors who are talking about “County Committee” and how you can become voting members of the Democratic Party in our borough. (Tuesday, The Black Rabbit, FREE)
4. Direct yourself to Video Lab: Craft a Visual Identity and explore how to create a signature visual identity through editing with filmmaker Scott Lazer, and get hands-on to edit a film sequence in iMovie. (Tuesday, Apple Williamsburg, FREE)
5. Get that money and Know Your Rights as a Freelancer and learn about the Freelance Isn’t Free Law protections in place to better support freelancers directly from the experts at the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs. (Wednesday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
6. Get ready for this jelly at Pop! A Bingo Party Beyonce edition, and revisit some of Beyoncé’s most iconic music and moments in between rounds of Bey-ngo (with Bey-inspired prizes on the line). (Wednesday, Parklife, FREE-$2)
7. Make new contacts at the Speed Networking Mixer, a speed networking mixer by the IFP Media Center to meet other driven, dedicated members of the New York filmmaking and creative communities. (Thursday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
8. Meditate on it at Dharmahuasca: Dharma, Medicine, & Intention and discuss the various synergies and differences, as well as the fruits and pitfalls, of pursuing a medicine path alongside a serious engagement with the Buddhist Dharma. (Thursday, Brooklyn Public Library, $25-30)
9. Donate your extra reusable bags to the North Brooklyn Bag Swap, and bring clean reusable shopping bags to be redistributed to residents who may not be prepared for the plastic bag ban beginning March 1st. (all week, various locations, FREE)
10. Shake off the workweek and float into the weekend at The Slow Down, an intimate evening of feasting, healing, meditation, experimental ritual, and a mystery guest musician. (Friday, House of Yes, $45)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!